[CLUE-Tech] RHAT 9 IMAP recommendations?

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Tue May 27 20:56:16 MDT 2003

I use Courier-IMAP and qmail on RH7-RH9 boxes.  I've been much happier
with the stability of Maildir over mbox formats, at least on our busy
servers.  We also use qmail as the MTA (after many years of sendmail)
and it allows many types of authentication for the IMAP server
(currently, users live only in a DB - no need for system users for
email) and allows us to associate e-mail information with other system
services.

-d