[CLUE-Tech] Who do I surrender to?

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Fri May 30 17:10:05 MDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 16:45, Francis Maier wrote:
> Is there some official Linux authority I can sign surrender papers with?

No, we're a pretty disorganized bunch...

Have you tried Debian or Yellow Dog mailing lists? While cluebies are
usually happy to help with install issues, I don't think too many
cluebies are using Mac hardware, and even fewer are using the specific
hardware you're using. The problems you're seeing aren't ones that are
easy to help troubleshoot for folks who don't own Mac hardware...

I'd bet dollars to donuts that if you post the question to the Debian
PowerPC mailing list, there will be someone else who's had the same
problem. (Be sure to search the archives & docs first, though or wear
asbestos underwear...) (I presume you've already read the Debian Install
guide for PPC:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/ch-preparing.en.html#s-non-debian-partitioning)

My only experience with installing Linux on a Mac was with an iMac a
couple of years ago... IIRC it was pretty easy, and I tried Yellow Dog
and Debian on it.

Good luck,

Zonker
--