[CLUE-Tech] insmod -f w/ soundcard

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Tue Apr 20 21:06:53 MDT 2004

Using insmod -f for my soundcard only seems to works for certain
applications.  Other ones don't seem to find the soundcard.  (Can't open
/dev/sound/mixer or something like that.)  Not to mention, I also have to
use insmod after each boot to get it to appear using lsmod again.  So I'm
thinking the best solution is just to get a new soundcard.  It's too bad
because the card I have has 3D sound capabilities, which I like.  I was
wondering if anyone knows of any good soundcards that work with Linux
well.

Angelo

-
How come only your friends step on your new white sneakers?