[CLUE-Tech] WAS The new debian installer - NOW Fedora Minimal

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Apr 22 20:34:58 MDT 2004

Greg Knaddison wrote:

> Quoting Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>:
>
>>He should convince the Fedora powers-that-be to make this an option in
>>their own installer.  Why the fork?  Seems simple enough to get a
>>"minimal install" checkbox added to the anaconda stuff...?
>>

> There is a "minimal" install option in FC (and there has been in RedHat for a
> while) but what RedHat considers minimal and what is "truly" minimal are two
> different things.  Some of their work has impacted the trunk and I don't
> believe this is a fork, it's just an attempt to create a "minimal" install
> below the FC defaults that is still somewhat usable.

Yeah, I guess my comments really were meant to be read as: "Since
RedHat's not calling the shots anymore, these guys should be able to get
the "super-minimal" install option added to Fedora's installer pretty
easily".

Which also insinuated: "Why did they bother taking the time to make up a
project and a website and all that rot... just work on it, finish it up,
and submit it to Fedora and get it over with!"

:-)

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com