[CLUE-Tech] problems with your mail server

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Apr 27 07:28:52 MDT 2004

dan radom wrote:
[...]
> I happen to work in the NOC at for the organization that owns the IP that
> clue.denver.co.us resolves to, and would be happy to setup reverse DNS
> for 216.38.207.181 resolving it to clue.denver.co.us.  Your mail server
> should have reverse DNS.  List admins please advise.

That IP should be part of a block used by Techangle.  So it would seem
more appropriate to have the reverse DNS delegated to them and they
could put in a record for us.  Makes coordinating changing IPs easier.
Our new server would need the same treatment.

I may not be aware of many things that make delegation undesirable (I'd
be happy to hear about them, though).  And there may be DNS changes
going on at Techangle, too.