[CLUE-Tech] problems with your mail server

dan radom dan at radom.org
Tue Apr 27 09:47:23 MDT 2004

* David Anselmi (anselmi at anselmi.us) wrote:
> dan radom wrote:
> [...]
> >I happen to work in the NOC at for the organization that owns the IP that
> >clue.denver.co.us resolves to, and would be happy to setup reverse DNS
> >for 216.38.207.181 resolving it to clue.denver.co.us.  Your mail server
> >should have reverse DNS.  List admins please advise.
>
> That IP should be part of a block used by Techangle.  So it would seem
> more appropriate to have the reverse DNS delegated to them and they
> could put in a record for us.  Makes coordinating changing IPs easier.
> Our new server would need the same treatment.
>
> I may not be aware of many things that make delegation undesirable (I'd
> be happy to hear about them, though).  And there may be DNS changes
> going on at Techangle, too.
>
> Dave

We reverse delegate classless blocks all the time.  Aside from that the
IP doesn't reverse, and it's a problem as we all try to deal with UCE
costs on our networks.  Anyway.  I'm not sure who techangle is, but I do
see that one of our list regulars is associated with the account.  I'll
take it up directly with the other Dave.

dan