[CLUE-Tech] recommended mail transport

Eric Jorgensen jorgy at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 17:09:32 MDT 2004

I have used sendmail for 16 years.  It is a BEAR.
Understanding the rules and configuration is not
pleasant.  Debugging is even worse.  But because I
knew it, I resisted some of the other MTAs available
now.  But recently, I helped a windows admin friend
who was trying to set up a linux box to run mailman.
The integration between mailman and exim was very
nice, and I was amazed how easy it was to configure
exim - how intuitive, yet flexible.  The documentation
on their website was excellent, and I easily found the
exim equivalent of sendmail's functionality.
Moreover, it is a "drop in" replacement for sendmail,
so binaries are called the same way.  I told myself
that the next system I set up from scratch is going to
run exim, not sendmail.  Goodbye bat book!
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/sendmail3/