[CLUE-Tech] Recent Gentoo install experiences?

Matthew Porter mfporter at c-creature.com
Tue Aug 10 12:06:50 MDT 2004

My son and I recently finished building a new computer for our family
room (around an Athlon XP 2400+), and we've been putting it through
its paces with Knoppix.  Now it's time to install our "production" OS.

Most of our experience is with Debian, but we're still in a DIY kind
of mood.  Emboldened by Collins' talk a few months ago, and by seeing
how good the documentation is, we've decided to give Gentoo a try.
(We can always go back to Debian if we get too many headaches.)

Anyone have experience with any undocumented "gotchas" that a new
Gentoo installer should look out for?

Regardless, send some kind thoughts in our direction over the next
few evenings...

 --Matt.

--
Matthew F. Porter