[CLUE-Tech] Viruses in Clue mailing list

Carl Schelin co_bofh at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 12:37:05 MDT 2004

--- Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb at dissociatedpress.net>
wrote:

> > Also anyone who doesn't have their email scanned
> > for viruses should be or you to will get infected.
>
> Bagle infects Linux? Really? Huh.

Even more amusing, Bagle infects Macs? In fact, it
doesn't even infect Windows. It infects those who
aren't clueful enough and click on those attachments.
Never run virus software on my personal windows boxes.
I know my boss doesn't love me so I don't click on
those attachments. In fact, when the last company
_forced_ me to run virus software on my work machine,
some little virus in my Eudora inbox caused the virus
software to delete my inbox (compress, copy to /temp,
delete old inbox, copy back to eudora [intercepted by
virus software, oh! found a virus; quarantine
disabled? delete], all done). Quarantine was disabled
because the users were scanning the network hard drive
and filling up their drives with quarantined files.

Based on recent postings on slashdot, there are linux
users who aren't very clueful either (or at least
think they're immune since they're on
[linux|mac|solaris]). Paraphrased: "so I clicked on
the [attachment|url] since I'm on a linux box and my
home directory was wiped out." Dumbass.

> Best,
>
> Zonker

Carl