[CLUE-Tech] Anybody using Arch Linux?

Warren warren at guano.org
Fri Aug 27 15:52:05 MDT 2004

Matt Gushee <mgushee at havenrock.com> wrote:

 > ...I was browsing through Distro Watch, and Arch Linux caught my
 > eye. Has anybody tried it? Can you give me a quick summary of its
 > pros and cons?

It's on my list of distros to try on for size.

I, too, favor a lightweight, unbloated OS which is why Arch has my
attention.  However, the live CD *recognized* my on-board ethernet - a
3COM 905 - but, I could not get networking, uh, "working".  I spent all
of 10 minutes or so on it and plan to get back on it one night this
evening.

Another promising lightweight is Feather Linux
(http://featherlinux.berlios.de/)

--

 </W>

ObFlameWar: My distro is better than your distro