[CLUE-Tech] Earthlink DSL

JD. Brown brownstixzz at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 23:53:33 MST 2004

>  There is no specific model number listed on the device, other than "Cayman
3300
> series".

According to Netopia's site. It's the 3341 ADSL Modem for Earthlink.

They have a PDF found at the below link. It's on the upper right hand side.

http://www.netopia.com/equipment/products/cayman/3000/3300.html

<Now, Is this Modem a Gateway???>
I'm a bit confused from the website.

> The web interface does have an advanced setup section where the user can
specify whether to enable/disable the DHCP/NAT/PPPoE Mode, but this is
already enabled.

Which service(s) do you have enabled on the modem?

What does it show for your route table for both PC's?
I supplied both commands for Linux and Windows. You never specified if both/or
1 is running Linux or Windows.

Linux= At the command line. Type "route"

Windows= I believe it's "ipconfig /all" at the command prompt.

What type of switch + model # do you have plugged into the modem and where is
it plugged in on the modem I.E. Port #/Uplink etc?

Did Earthlink supply you with a static IP?

JD