[clue-tech] Big Shock in FC3 Today

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Dec 27 20:55:27 MST 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:33:41 -0700
Collins Richey wrote:

> I'm not 100% sure what you mean, Jed. If you're talking about window
> styles and borders, etc., those things are in the bailiwick of the
> window/desktop manager. If you're talking about font sizes and font
> choices and tabbed window settings and bookmarks and popup window
> controls and proxies, etc., those things are inscribed in your
> ~/.mozilla directory  where the profiles are stored for mozilla and
> firefox. It's been too long since I used Galeon, so I don't know how
> it handles preferences.
>
> Also, not every window manager can save the session settings as well
> as kde. The very latest xfce does a tolerable job.

Oh, I expect font face and size, as well as widget shapes and colors to
change. All that stuff is part of the whole widget-set "style"
definitions.

I'm talking about major changes, such as reconfiguring the Galeon toolbar.
And importing bookmarks. The bookmarks I imported to Galeon and Mozilla
under KDE were gone when I fired them up under Fvwm. None of which should
have anything to do with a saved session either.

Also, font preferences (not desktop settings -- but in Mozilla
preferences) weren't preserved either.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/