[clue-tech] Big Shock in FC3 Today

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Dec 28 08:46:07 MST 2004

Jed S. Baer wrote:
[...]
> I'd been working in KDE, doing things like importing bookmarks and setting
> preferences -- trying out Galeon, Mozilla, and Firefox. I had all 3 of
> them configured pretty much how I like them. So I was more than shocked to
> discover that all of that stuff was lost when using Fvwm. Now I assume
> that if I fire up KDE again, it'll all be there.

"All of that stuff" isn't really specific enough for a good hypothesis.
  But from what I know of Mozilla it seems unlikely that the WM would
change settings--the Gnome/KDE browsers maybe, they're probably
"integrated" with the environment.

Could it be that Fvwm starts the apps with a different config than KDE?
  Some kind of command line switch maybe?

> Particularly something such as browser bookmarks, which can be a
> substantial thing to deal with, if you're like me and have (I'm
> guessing) a couple thousand or so.

I like Google's interface to my bookmarks better than Mozilla's.  But I
guess that's a different thread.