[CLUE-Tech] wireless problem

Michael Riversong mriversong at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 15 09:34:37 MST 2004

This post is pure gold, and should be saved by everyone who has any
interest in wireless interference.  I've been surveying microwave
transmissions since 1993, and the problem is definitely getting worse.
Biggest offenders are often government agencies.  I could tell you a
very interesting horror story about an apartment i used to have near the
Federal Center in Denver.

I got into surveying microwave and RF because sometimes health problems,
especially in children, are directly linked to transmissions.  I have
some case histories that definitely prove this out.  That said, the
802.11 transmissions are such low power that they are not likely to
affect health -- and that also means they are more vulnerable to
interference from "bigger guns" in the neighborhood.

Anyway i think this laizzes-faire approach may be wrong, but we're stuck
with it.  All of us who have concerns should be getting RF analyzing
gear at any opportunity, because with that we will be able to help our
neighbors and colleagues.