[CLUE-Tech] Networking

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Jan 4 20:50:38 MST 2004

On Sunday, Jan 4, 2004, at 16:48 America/Denver, Russell Glissmann
wrote:

> Nate;
> On my primary system, using an on-board lan (Broadcom) mii-tool
> reports:
> eth0:
> eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-FD flow-control, link ok

> On my other system using a 3-Com 3c905TX, mii-tool reports:
> eth0: negotiated, link ok
>

> eth1: negotiated 100baseTx-FD, link ok

I find it interesting that eth0 on the second machine doesn't
specifically say "100baseTX-FD", but I'm not sure if that's it or not.
You could try forcing it to 100Mb/s and full-duplex with mii-tool and
see if that helps any.

Also, just for grins -- are there any errors incrementing on either of
the eth0 interfaces on the two machines in ifconfig?  Could always be a
bad cable... especially if you see CRC errors, for example.
Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com