[CLUE-Tech] ALSA question (I think)

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Jul 6 21:57:28 MDT 2004

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 21:43, Nate Duehr wrote:
> Ok, so this output would probably have the most bearing on the laptop sound
> problem I'm having at the moment...

Disregard.  A little more googling showed that on the 82801DB AC97
drivers/hardware, a common problem is that the driver autoconfigures for
"external amplifier" mode.

setting off (I saw posts about loading gnome-alsamixer, but it looks like
kmix and others also work correctly after a little testing...) so the audio
will work.

That was easier to find than I thought it was going to be... I'm not used to
Linux sound "just working" yet.   GRIN.  But it does!  ;-)