[CLUE-Tech] Tape Drives - why?

Richard Mancusi vrman49 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 20:45:28 MDT 2004

The original question had to do with tape backup.  I perhaps
inappropriately did not limit my comments to Linux.  This is a
Linux list and I made a mistake - sorry.  Frankly, the o.s. in
question seemed irrelevant for answering the question since
many drives and backup software packages are available for
and work similarly on several o.s.'s.

To reply to your comment, the idiots - oops sorry - programmers
I was referring to, use VMS.  It is a good o.s. - but may be
going away at the whim of HP.  There are tools available in VMS
but these folks are stuck in the past.

My responsibilities include Linux, HP-UX, VMS and M$.  The VMS
is slowly going away along with the "boys".

Again, sorry.  I will be more careful in the future.

Rich