[CLUE-Tech] If you administer a mail server, you might find this useful.

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Jun 4 09:53:40 MDT 2004

William wrote:
[...]
> What's important is that it offers a stronger anti-UCE stance than
> most other solutions, including automated null-routing of repeat
> offenders.  Even if you don't need the POP before SMTP authentication
> mechanism (easily disabled), you should find this useful.

So your tool provides authorization for smtp relaying.  That seems
different from blocking incoming spam to your addresses.  But I'm not
sure I'm clear which problem you're addressing.  Both?  The mechanisms
seem different enough that they should be different packages.

I guess you might consider summarizing your service categories at the
top of your web page.  And perhaps outlining how your tool is a better
approach than the others out there.

And using IMAP avoids the POP before SMTP problem by sending mail over
an authenticated channel (rather than just receiving it), doesn't it?

Thanks!