[CLUE-Tech] Screen Resolution

Sat Jun 12 15:13:29 MDT 2004

Someone knows how to do this, I'm sure.  How do I make my viewport and
desktop match at 1600x1200?

Details:

I have a laptop.  The LCD's native resolution is 1600x1200.  Desktop and
viewport were set to that while on the generic 'nv' driver, but after I
loaded the proprietary 'nvidia' driver, so I can play UT2003/4, my
viewport has shrunk to 1024.  My desktop is still 1600, which give the
annoying 'pan around' effect.  I have checked all the cool Mandrake GUI
stuph, and it still shows my monitor as 1600x1200, there are almost no
modelines in XF86Config-4, but I tried adding some for good measure,
which didn't work...  I would attach my XF86Config-4, but someone would
bitch me out for that, I'm sure.  Any ideas?