[CLUE-Tech] After DSL upgrade - some wierd problems

Paul clue at cyber-addict.com
Fri May 21 22:11:22 MDT 2004

What is the external IP address your Zoom modem/router gets?  It sounds
like it is getting a 206.124.xx.xxx address, which is what your domain
is resolving to.  Is this the same hostname/domainname you use to get
to the server from outside of your home?

Most users have a hostname that resolves to the external IP address of
their router.  This allows them to access the server remotely.
However, if you want to use a hostname inside of your domain as well,
then you either need to use a different hostname that has the assigned
INTERNAL ip address (192.168.x.x), or use Bind and views to make sure
it resolves to an internal ip address when you are inside the network
and external ip when you are outside the network.

Hope that wasn't too confusing, but I can elaborate if needed...

Paul

Hosted by CyberAddict (http://www.cyberaddict.net)