[CLUE-Tech] graphics card recommendation

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Oct 4 20:56:51 MDT 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:56:33 -0600
Matt Gushee <mgushee at havenrock.com> wrote:

> I have a Matrox Millenium that I picked up at Action Computer for 10 or
> 15 bucks. Been using it for 2 years; it does 1280x1024 (if you set the
> right options in your X config) and does a very good job rendering the
> basics (text and 2d graphics).

Yep. Tried and true. I'm still using the MatroxG400 I bought ... ??? years
ago. Can't think of any reason to replace it.

XF86Config options for 1280x1024 (for me at least) weren't an issue for
the card, but getting the proper settings for the monitor. (I note that
when I was messing with SuSE 9.1 that whatever they have for my monitor
still isn't quite right). It's worth it, if you're noticing any
difficulties at all, to check what your monitor mfr. states for the
refresh rates against what the various X config monitor databases have.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/