[CLUE-Tech] Suse 9.1

Mike Staver staver at mail.fimble.com
Tue Oct 5 06:56:55 MDT 2004

I just installed Suse 9.1, upgrading from Red Hat 9 (I know, I'm way
behind) and I have several questions.  I installed Sendmail instead of
postfix because I know it, and I turned on imap in /etc/xinit.d and then
restarted the machine..... I'm having 2 issues:

1) When users try to connect over imap using something like
mozilla thunderbird, they are prompted for their password, but even though
they may enter the correct password, the login fails each time. I have no
idea why or how to correct this. This is an example of what I'm getting:

Oct  5 06:26:59 mail imapd[13128]: Login disabled user=josh

I keep googling for answers on this, and the only thing I can find is that
people suggest using a different imap server.... which completely defeats
the purpose of using Suse so I don't have to compile my own stuff. Anybody
have a fix for this??

2) My .procmailrc file is being ignored - I used to have stuff like this
in it:

:0 B
* ^ *Content-Disposition: attachment;
* filename=".*\.(vbs|scr|pif|com|bat|dll)"
/dev/null

How can I make sure Suse, Sendmail, or whatever use that .procmailrc file?
In the README in /etc/mail, it says Suse uses procmail by default... and
then I should man procmailrc.... which doesn't help because

				-Mike Staver
				 staver at fimble.com
                                 mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com
				 http://www.fimble.com/staver