[CLUE-Tech] monitoring SMP machines

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 16:53:54 MDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:41:49 -0700 (PDT), Carl Schelin
<co_bofh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As long as you have something on the machine that can
> return the status of each cpu, you can at minimum set
> up a script to return values via snmp in any format
> you want.

Something like

# top -n 1 | grep CPU1

Should return the CPU status from top.  You could use awk to get more
specific information for different MIBs.

LinuxFormat had an article a while ago on setting up simple MIBS using
net-snmp.  There example was one that did a ps -ef | grep httpd to see
if the httpd was still up.  I'll see if I can dig up the basics from
that article.

Greg