[CLUE-Tech] Headless Mozilla

Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 09:30:15 MDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 01:12:41 -0400, Angelo Bertolli
<angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:
> I don't use Firefox, because I don't necessarily want EVERY new link
> opened up in a new tab.  I like the idea of me using middle click opens
> new tabs.  Well Mozilla suite can do this, but the only way Firefox is
> going to be able to do this is by somehow convincing the window manager
> only to use [-remote "openURL($@ ,new-tab)"] when there is a
> middle-click on a link.  And they won't do that because it will be
> specific to Firefox and no other browser.

You can set Firefox to open new windows in tabs, or as a new window, I believe.

In Firefox, open "about:config" and change this preference to true:

browser.tabs.opentabfor.windowopen

I *think* that will set it to open new tabs. I haven't tried it
myself, but you can see this thread:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum21/8321-1-10.htm

As always, Google is your friend.

Best,

Zonker
--
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy
to state I finally won out over it." ~ Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey"