[CLUE-Tech] Installation problem

Vern B. Southern vbsouthern at access4less.net
Wed Sep 1 21:00:18 MDT 2004

On Tuesday 31 August 2004 05:12 pm, George Gammel wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have an installation problem.  I have an older Dell Pentium 1 desktop.
> It has a SCSI hard disk and cdrom(NEC).  On the 1st attempt, I was trying
> install Mandrake 8.2.  All seemed to go fine until attempting graphics
> config.  The machine uses ATI Mach64 chipset.  I tried several combos of
> video card/monitor selections.  All gave some kind of error.  It seemed to
> boot up OK to the command line.

I have installed Mandrake/Linux 8.0 8.1 8.2 9.0 9.1 and on every install I
have had the same problem.

When installing 8.x I had to downgrade the video card to a old SSI 8mg card I
had laying around.

When installing 9.x I was able to use my ATI cards.

If you want I can burn a copy of Mandrake 9.1 for you and send it snail mail
or you can stop by and pick it up or go to:
http://www.edmunds-enterprises.com/linux/index.php
and pick up a copy.

--
Vern B. Southern