[CLUE-Tech] <OT> comcast again

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Wed Sep 1 21:01:50 MDT 2004

At 08:35 PM 9/1/2004 -0600, Collins Richey wrote:

>I just like to give credit when I receive good service. They've made
>improvements for the customer - more email space, a decent webmail
>facility, and so forth. Pretty good work for an "evil" company.

has nothing to do with whether they are evil or not.

I just installed dsl with qwest.  I hit one problem. it turned out to be a
standard problem. The tier one tech support person solved it, quickly,
easily, and accurately.  The fact that the tier one tech support person at
qwest was able to solve a standard problem from a script is about as
relevant to their hosting spammers and failing to act on them quickly as
the same factors for comcast.

Qwest still has 23 listings in Spamhaus and Comcast still has 81 listings
on Spamhaus.  Fixing simple problems and shutting down spammers are
handled, or not handled as the case may be, by entirely different
departments with entirely different agendas.

Set your stop watches to ticking, call tech support for both of them, and
ask them when they will shut down service to ROKSO spammer Brian
Haberstroh.  Solve that problem before the call is over and I'll be
impressed with the service from either of them.

<sbl.htm>SBL13222
24.60.77.6/32 <listings.lasso?isp=comcast.htm>comcast.net
07-Jan-2004 00:43 GMT Brian Haberstroh / Atriks
Atriks - megamailer.net

<sbl.htm>SBL18632
67.133.205.128/27 <listings.lasso?isp=qwest.htm>qwest.net
09-Aug-2004 23:52 GMT Brian Haberstroh / Atriks
''WRIGHT COMPUTING, LLC'' ; not-known.org

--
coriez at oriez.org 39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
"...Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving