[clue-tech] Fwd: Fix for OE and Outlook Top Posters <OT>

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Apr 8 22:30:29 MDT 2005

David Guntner wrote:

>Collins Richey grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
>

>>The text and link says it all. If you're stuck using (uggh!) M$ mail
>>for mailing lists, this may help you to observe proper [n]etiquette.
>>

>Problem is, it doesn't work with things like Outlook 2003, for example.  I
>keep seeing tidbits laying around where it looks like they're trying to
>update Quotefix so that it will work with current versions of Outlook, but
>to date I've found no such thing...

Hardly seems worth the time to try to keep up fixing OE all over the
place.  If someone is smart enough to find and install the obscure
Quotefix, then I'm sure they could install Mozilla or Thunderbird.  Or
maybe... they're hoping MS will have a fit of sanity and incorporate it
into their software.  After all, they did run Hotmail on BSD for a while ;)

Angelo