[clue-tech] CLUE jabber server?

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 23:00:38 MST 2005

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 9:59 pm, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> So if CLUE sets up IM, who can I get to with it?  Other CLUE members?
> Not sure I care.  Or can I set up my own IM lists for random people I know

You should have come to the meeting...

With Jabber (unlike other protocols like AIM, MSN, Yahoo...) you can connect
to anyone who's logged into another [de]centralized jabber server.  So, not
just CLUEbies, but any one of the other 25 million jabber users out there on
the 'net.

More info: http://www.jabber.org/about/overview.shtml

--
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
        - Albert Einstein