[clue-tech] Questions about CentOS/Fedora

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 19:24:19 MST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:27:01 -0700, Greg Knaddison
<greg.knaddison at gmail.com> wrote:

> Collins - I don't have any answers to your problems.

> "Contact Us" section.  I recommend you ask around there in addition to
> here.

As you have noted elsewhere, I've asked a question on the CentOS
mailing list. I've just looked at forums. Several users are reporting
sound card problems, but no answer is offered. Meanwhile I found a
partial workaround. After modprobing snd-seq-css snd-pcm-oss and
snd-mixer-oss, I get a /dev/mixer device, and I can 'play
somefile.wav', but the system soundcard routines and the volume
control on the GNOME panel are still dead. I shouldn't need to
modprobe. These should be loaded automatically.

--
 Collins