[clue-tech] Upgrading

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at blazenet.net
Thu Jan 13 14:32:25 MST 2005

I'm looking at the prospects of upgrading a few systems here,  and wondered
how you guys go about it.

I've already gone through some stuff where I wiped out what was there in the
first place,  installed the new stuff,  and lost some things in the process.

So another time I tried it a little differently,  and ended up with some "side
effects" -- for example Konqueror displaying "Page loaded" with one work
above the other,  and I only see half of each.

Got some CDs on the way,  and it's time to start thinking about it.  You guys
have any thoughts on the matter?

FWIW,  I'm running Slackware,  on several different boxes here.