[clue-tech] Mandrake 10.1 DSL Access Problem

Vern B. Southern vbsouthern at gch4usa.com
Thu Mar 3 07:12:32 MST 2005

Thank you Todd for your reply.

The DSL modem does work (Sometimes).

I can access the Mandrake web site using the Konqueror web browser.  I have
also accessed http://marc.theaimsgroup.com and read through the posts there.
I cannot access sites like Google or Yahoo.  I can access private sites
using Konqueror.  Mozilla will not work at all.  It is the weirdest thing I
have seen in quite a while.  It's almost like a shareware limitation.

I am wondering if the problem is being caused by my install procedure.  When
I install Mandrake-Linux Community Download, I am prompted for a
Registration code even though the OS is clearly marked as FREE.  Todd, When
you setup 10.1 for your client did you install Mandrake Official or
Community?  Did you enter a registration code?  Does Mandrake Community
require a Registration Code?

On my Mandrake 9.1 partition the DSL works fine.  I looked through Webmin
and copied all of the settings on paper, booted 10.1 and compared the
settings.  Everything is the same.

Additional Info:
Actiontec DSL Modem GT701-WG (Purchased from Qwest)
Netgear Ethernet 4 Port IOBase-T Hub Model EN104
Netgear FA311 Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Vern
vbsouthern at gch4usa.com