[clue-tech] Mandrake 10.1 DSL Access Problem

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Mar 3 20:39:34 MST 2005

Peter C. Hinkle wrote:
[...]
> Vern, it almost sounds like a misconfigured proxy server. Does mandrake
> install squid or comparable by default? When your DSL is up and appears to be
> working properly,  what does resolv.conf say? Don't know what you have
> already tried but if you can access some sites and not others, that would
> sure seem to have something to do with either DNS or proxy access.../p

I would say the problem has little to do with your install (except that
it got you where you are).  Bad proxy config sounds reasonable, or you
have some other network problem.  Duplicate IP addresses, bad DNS
settings, bad DHCP settings (client or server), bad default gateway (or
other routing), etc.

There's a lot you could check and if you know your network you might
start checking all the settings you can find and see that they are right
or wrong.  Perhaps using Ethereal to compare a Konq session and a
Mozilla session would point you in the right direction.