[clue-tech] Toshiba laptop Memory

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Mar 18 19:55:41 MST 2005

Peter C. Hinkle wrote:
> Anyway, what I want to know is that if I go ahead and take it up to
> 144MB, how much actual difference will I notice in performance of the
> machine?

Use free and see how much free memory you have when running your desired
load.  If you're using swap adding memory will improve things quite a
bit, especially if you can add more memory than the swap you're using.

'Course you said "girlfriend" and "kids", so if you're using MS you have
to use their memory widget.  And if it doesn't have that you'll have to
ask on an MS list.