[clue-tech] More on WiFi cards (from InstallFest)

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 10:09:04 MST 2005

On 11/19/05, Jeffery Cann <jccann at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today at the Install Fest, I was able to get my Linksys WPC54G
> (version 2) wireless PCMCIA laptop card working.

More on installfest in general:

1. Thanks to all who participated!!!

2. Some problems solved

   a. Yuko - unable to get USB printer working on a Gentoo laptop.
Answer: gimp-print-cups (or similar) package provides additional PPD
setups beyond the strictly minimalist set provided by CUPS.

   b. Woody - got his new wireles card working on a desktop.
Anser: needed a later version of the vendor-supplied software.

   c. Siegfried - uanable to get NTFS mounts to work on his Fedora system.
Answwer: the version of the ntfs module he had installed appered to be
corrupt. rmp -e followed by rpm -ivh of the package solved the
problem.

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write