[clue-tech] More on WiFi cards (from InstallFest)

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Sun Nov 20 13:19:21 MST 2005

Collins Richey wrote:
> On 11/19/05, Jeffery Cann <jccann at gmail.com> wrote:

>>Today at the Install Fest, I was able to get my Linksys WPC54G
>>(version 2) wireless PCMCIA laptop card working.

> 2. Some problems solved
> [ .... ]

d. Tanya - couldn't boot Debian system ... /sbin/init was not found ...
   hmm, solved somehow, but I missed the last part.

3. Some problems *not* solved

a. Matt - unable to get his Linksys WPC54GS wireless PCMCIA laptop card
   (similar but not identical to Jeff's) working ... augh! Hardware
   recognized, but no nodes found ... I noticed that iwconfig would show
   the card's settings but I couldn't *set* anything. Though, looking at
   the troubleshooting section of the ndiswrapper Wiki, it looks as
   though you might need to find an access point before you can set
   anything w/ iwconfig. At any rate, I've upgraded to the latest
   ndiswrapper, and some day pretty soon I'll print out the docs and
   take my laptop out to the coffee shop and see if I can get the *$!@&*
   working. Meanwhile, I'd be grateful for any suggestions ...

--
Matt Gushee
The Reluctant Geek: http://matt.gushee.net/rg/