[clue-tech] Additional study groups and/or topics?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Nov 21 20:03:06 MST 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:26:24 -0700
Collins Richey wrote:

> I'm certainly willing to meet anywhere South/Wouthwest on Saturdays. I
> thought we seemed to have reached a tacit agreement that at least one
> meeting would be a South/Southwest endeavor and that fans of downtown
> were welcome to organize something on their own?

Anyone can organize anything they want to.

So there's a group coallescing around a Thursday/Saturday thing, downtown
and also at Dave's house. Since Dave's house is in Littleton, that sounds
South to me. My only suggestion is that for continuity's sake, if a study
topic spans more than one meeting, it would be nice if it were confined to
those meetings at one location. That way, those who, like Collins and I,
prefer to avoid downtown, can participate in an entire series on one
topic.

But none of that precludes another group from deciding to meet on some
interval at another location either.

My only other thought is that instead of meeting every other week, you/we
meet on the 1st and 3rd weeks, or 2nd and 4th weeks, as otherwise your
"every other" will roll around the month a bit, which will make it
slightly more difficult to avoid scheduling conflicts. Not that avoiding
scheduling conflicts is a necessity, but it's a "nice to have", and lots
of groups schedule things on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th {weekday}.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E