[clue-tech] So-called "smart" hosts.

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 20:59:50 MDT 2006

On 8/1/06, William <wlist-clue at kimballstuff.com> wrote:
> Well, as long as we're offering alternative pricing options, take a look
> at Front Range Internet, Inc. (www.frii.net).  Qwest provides the DSL
> line, but use FRII as your ISP for better prices.  For example, I pay
> $9.95 per month for an 8 IPA subnet (as opposed to just 1 IPA for $5).
> With my total service package, I have no bandwidth rate or consumption
> restrictions, whatsoever (other than the physical limits of the hardware
> involved).

So what's the total cost including DSL?

Not that it will do me any good. Qwest will never provide DSL in my
neighborhood. The much maligned ATT -> Comcast has been providing good
(if pricey) service in my neighborhood for lo these many years. I
still encounter the occasional straight-laced type who declines my
mail because it comes from a Comcast ip range, but I don't need to
talk to them anyway.

--
Collins Richey