[clue-tech] Shout box?

David Guntner davidg at akamail.com
Mon Aug 28 12:20:24 MDT 2006

I was wondering, does anyone here know of a good Shout Box script that can be
used on a web page?  Preferably something which allows an admin control over
things like censored words and other configuration options (whatever those
might be :) ) and uses a MySQL database.

Please don't point me to the Shout Box block for PHP-Nuke.  I need something
stand-alone, so that I can set up the code on one server and have another
server stick the user interface inside an iframe.  Although I can say that
I've looked at the Shout Box block for PHP-Nuke and I like it quite a lot -
If there's some super secret way to set up a dummy PHP-Nuke page and have an
iframe in another web site bring up just the Shout Box part from the first
site in it, that would be just fine by me. :-)

Any help/pointers would be appreciated.

                 --Dave