[clue-tech] user mounts

Fri Dec 8 08:43:32 MST 2006

I am constantly annoyed by the fact that users can't mount.

1) I have 6 or so Windows shares to connect to everywhere I work, and I'd like to just
write a script that connects them all, so I can just work, without messing around a lot.
 I tried having root write the script for me and doing a setuid, but setuid seems to be
ignored on shell-scripts.  (Kinda makes sense, actually.)

2) My backup disk is normally dismounted.  I want a special account to mount it, do the
sync, and then dismount it.

What is the most masculine and correct way to do these things?

David L. Willson
Trainer/Engineer/Consultant
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
(720) 333-LANS