[clue-tech] KDE login freeze

Thu Dec 21 11:11:38 MST 2006

Mike,

You probably already tested these, among all the other things you
tested, but just didn't mention it.
      * Did you try renaming your .kde directory and either let it get
        rebuilt or copy in the one from your non-borked test user?
      * Did you try a different wm?  It looks like you did and they
        didn't work, which ~seems~ to isolate the problem to ~your~ kdm,
        but I'd like to see you try xdm and/or gdm, to confirm.  I'm not
        sure how you do that, though...
      * So, is there a .k(anything) in your $HOME or $HOME for
        non-borked that might relate?  Can you rename yours and let it
        rebuild / copy his in?

David