[clue-tech] Re: hdd interface question (follow-up)

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 09:34:36 MST 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 9:31 pm, Jeff Cann wrote:
> My question is whether the difference between the the ATA/100 vs ATA/133
> matters - in other words if I buy the 120 GB drive can I just plug it in
> and expect it to work?

Thanks for everyone's replies.  It's been a few years for me since I built a
box, but at that time there was some inconsistencies in cable-select options
for drives.  So, one follow-up question:  what is the current thinking on
jumpering for master/slave vs cable-select?

Jeff
--
Social justice cannot be attained by violence.
Violence kills what it intends to create.