[clue-tech] Re: kernel drivers (linux kernel: hde: drive_cmd:

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 23:09:56 MST 2006

As I've mentioned before here (I think), I can't use the manufactures
diagnostics because with the drive connected to the ATA card it thinks
the drive is a cd rom drive although I have the ATA drivers loaded in
Windows and Windows sees the drive normally :-/, doing it with the
drive connected to the motherboard directly is not a option either
anymore since I'd have to install a dynamic drive overlay which uses
the MBR and lilo is currently in the MBR (multibooting suse 9.1 pro
and xp pro sp2) since the bios only supports a max of 60GB and even
the latest BIOS update (which costs $60 so I decided to buy a $50 ATA
card which can detect the whole HD itself) can only see half of the
drive, 150GB, however as I've pointed out I've done a fsck on the
drive which returned no errors, I've done a quick SMART test and a 2
hour SMART test, both of which also passed and were done on the
drive...so is there anything more I should do? Thanks guys for your
help and sorry about all the replies, I'll do my best to keep them to
a minimum. :-)