[clue-tech] secure mail

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Jan 11 15:15:05 MST 2006

William wrote:

> Between Courier and Dovecot, I chose Courier.  It was a marked challenge
> installing and configuring Courier the first time; don't get me wrong --
> it's a bear.  However, I documented the entire experience and I'm
> presently reformatting that documentation into a detailed How-To that
> may help people who consider Courier the right choice for themselves.  :)

Not sure if it's because of the "extra" things you needed to do or not,
but Courier install on my Debian Sarge server was a snap... it was
harder to convert the mailboxes from mbox to Maildir than it was to
install Courier.

aptitude install courier-authdaemon courier-base courier-imap
courier-pop courier-ssl courier-doc

But what I didn't install (and this is probably the stuff you're
using...) is a bigger list:

courier-authmysql
courier-authpostgresql (alternatively...)
courier-faxmail
courier-ldap
courier-maildrop
courier-mlm
courier-mta (I'm using exim 4)
courier-mta-ssl
courier-pcp
courier-webadmin
courier-filter-perl

But it does appear that the Debian package maintainers have taken the
"how do you eat an elephant?  one bite at a time!" approach!  ;-)

Nate