[clue-tech] screen shots

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Tue Jan 24 18:04:43 MST 2006

Hi Gus,

WFT Electronics, Gus Salvatore Calabrese wrote:

> How can you get more true pixel resolution
> than you started with ?  I fail to see how the
> 10 M camera adds anything other than a reduced
> quality copy  ( the name of which escapes me at present )

He's going to print out the images at 300 dpi, so conceivably the
eye will see the same thing on the printed page as it would see
on the monitor.  (That is, there would not be any difference.)

His concern was that the printed screenshot results look different
than what you see on the monitor.

If you zoomed in on your 10MP "screen shot" then you would probably
see the individual pixels, maybe even transistors in the screen if
a LCD.

Jim