[clue-tech] screen shots

Jef Barnhart jef at batky-howell.com
Wed Jan 25 09:38:24 MST 2006

Ahh color. Just to add nothing to this discussion.

Remember that a CRT uses three colors to create the preception of
colors. Printed materials use halftones, duotones, tritones, 4 colors,
and 6 colors (CMYK+Green+Orange). Now add in that one is additive and
the other subtractive.

You still with me?

The placement of the dots can also change the colors 4 color uses a hard
placement of the dots, http://dx.sheridan.com/advisor/cmyk_color.html
(They also have a good diagram on the color space. CRT, CMYK, pantone
colors.) Change the placement just a little and the colors can change.

Six color uses a FM (Frequency Modulation) placement for the dots.  All
dots are the same size.If you need more color you get more dots.

Now about the dots. In printing, they talk about line screen (LPI, Lines
Per Inch.) http://dx.sheridan.com/advisor/line_screen.html Typical
printing is 133 - 150 LPI with the high end being 200 LPI. (I don't
think that most computer programmers ever understood the printing
proccess.)

Ok I'm bored now...

Bottom line, make the best screen shot with the highest resolution that
you can. It ain't gunna get any better. That's all I gotta say about
that.

Jef