[clue-tech] help with udev on Debian

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Jul 21 21:14:49 MDT 2006

Collins Richey wrote:
> On 7/21/06, Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:
>> I tried to reinstall udev on one of my machines.
>
> I can't help with the aftermath, but I am mildly curios 1) why did you
> want to do this? and 2) did you use a standard deb package appropriate
> for your setup (stable? testing? unstable?)?
>
> My limited experience with Debian leads me to believe that "standard
> Debian methods" don't lead to this type of carnage.
>
> $DEITY be with you!
I was getting some warning/errors about udev hotplug events on bootup,
and I thought this would help.  If nothing else works, I'll just copy
the config files back over.  Yes, I reinstalled using the repository.
But evidentally installing udev isn't the same as configuring udev.  I
tried to do a dpkg-reconfigure initscripts, but that did nothing.

Angelo