[clue-tech] Error installing Suse 10

Matt Atkins matthewsatkins at msn.com
Fri Jul 28 10:10:01 MDT 2006

>From: Michael Mosbauer <mmosbauer at comcast.net>

>Let us know how the net install goes because I currently have OpenSuse 10.0
>installed and tried to install 10.1 over the internet.  There is a small
>file you down and start.  It will prompt you for your IP address, a URL to
>download from and then should take off with the install.  So far mine keeps
>messing up so I'm still at 10.0  I think it has something to do with the
>URL I'm using, but havne't had time to mess with it much lately.

It's not going well at all actually.  I downloaded the boot disk iso and
tried to start the install.  I select install from the main menu and I see a
little progress icon work for about 30 seconds.  Then I get the following
error:

Could not find the SUSE Linux Installation Source.
Activating manual setup program.

I tried a few things in the setup program but I don't have server IP's for
FTP or HTTP.

Matt Atkins