[clue-tech] two monitors - the new fad

erik at ezolan.com erik at ezolan.com
Thu Jun 1 17:14:50 MDT 2006

I *wish* I could do two monitors, it's just not in the budget. Right now
I've got a video card that has two DVI plugs on it.

I'd use them for two things. Web development. Have the code on one screen
and the page open on the other. At a certain point, I'm usually tweaking,
and it would be nice to just glance and work. Instead of shuffling between
the text editor and the web browser.

The other thing I'd want to use it for is games! Not to spread out between
the two. The game would be up on one monitor, and chat clients, email, web
browser, etc would be up in the other. Online games tend to have long
stretches where you do nothing. Or sometimes you need to look something
up.