[clue-tech] pcmcia wireless 802.11g card?

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 23:09:43 MDT 2006

Hi.

I'm currently using a Linksys WPGXYZ under ndiswrapper.  It works great
until you use WEP and then it proceeds to lock up my system.  Rather
than spending more fruitless hours in vain hopes of getting the $30
LinkSys card working, I'd rather buy something supported natively by the
2.6 kernel.

Based on this page, the Prism54 driver seems like a decent choice for
pcmcia wireless 802.11g replacement card"

http://hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Linux.Wireless.drivers.802.11ag.html#Prism54

I would like to know how to decipher the driver spec into an actual card
that I can purchase.  I'm looked on the Dlink, SMC,  Netgear, and
Conexant sites and don't see any way to correlate the driver description
to a particular card that will successfully use the prism54 driver.  The
driver refers to chipsets and they do not seem to be listed in product
descriptions.

How can I figure this out?  I appreciate any suggestions.

Jeff