[clue-tech] Libraries, run-time linking, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and ld.so.conf

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Mar 3 16:10:42 MST 2006

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:04:00 -0700
Matt Gushee wrote:

> ldconfig shouldn't be that hard. My suspicion about this that your
> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/mozilla file isn't getting included. I've never had a
> system with that directory, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.
> Is there some kind of include directive in the main ld.so.conf file that
> causes the files to be read at runtime?

Exactly. The /etc/ld.so.conf file has as its first line

  include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf

The files in the conf.d directory can, I gather, contain some simple
directives, but mostly they're just a line containing the path to where
the libraries are.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E